Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Did you know according to the center for disease control and prevention (CDC), more than 400 people die annually of carbon monoxide poison?

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless vapor that can be produced by gas-burning appliances. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning sometimes are mistaken for the flu and can include nausea, dizziness, headache, confusion, and unconsciousness.

Carbon Monoxide Detectors are a great device to alert you of the presence of carbon monoxide and in the state of Illinois, a unit is required with-in 15 feet of every room used for sleeping. (430 ILCS 135/)

But what do you do if the carbon monoxide detector is activated?
• Leave the area and call emergency personnel
• Notify the gas company or the health department
• If you suspect Carbon Monoxide poisoning lead the affected person to fresh air, keep them warm and calm until medical personnel arrive.

Carbon Monoxide Detectors can be added to your home alarm system. Contact Oberlander Alarm Systems or your local alarm service company for details.

Comments are closed.

Scroll to Top